• All payments are invoiced in the UK pound sterling and must be paid in the UK pound sterling 2 weeks before arrival. All bank charges that are incurred must be paid for by the guest.
• All bookings are subject to a non-refundable booking fee (as stated in our rates). Rooms booked in homestays for extra days, over and above the weekly period, will be pro-rated up to 3 extra nights and a full week will be charged for 4, 5, 6 and 7 extra nights thus charged accordingly.
• Bookings can only be guaranteed after payment has reached our bank account. We reserve the right to cancel any booking for any reason with a full refund. We will also cancel any reservations for which we have not received the full payment by the due date.
• We can only confirm the period of stay that we have received payment for.
Minimum stay is 2 weeks. A one-week supplement of £50 will apply to bookings of under 2 weeks if an exception is made.
• When booking accommodation, you must inform the host family of your estimated arrival time at least 5 days in advance of your arrival in the UK, unless specifically agreed with Host Family Stay. This is to ensure that someone is at home when you arrive. Failure to do so may result in you having to wait for the arrival of the member host family. We will not be held responsible for members of host family not being at home if guests fail to advise the host family in advance of their arrival time, nor will we pay for any expenses incurred by guests as a result.
• Unless special arrangement has been made and agreed with your host family prior to arrival, the following check in and out times apply:
• Weekend arrivals: check in is always after 14:00 and before 20:30. Check out is before 10:00 am
• Weekday arrivals: please note that most hosts may be at work during the daytime so unless prior arrangement has been agreed all weekday arrivals must be after 18:00 and before 20:30.
• Self Catering
If you have chosen Self-Catering, the times for use of the kitchen need to be agreed with the Host. Please ensure that you follow the Host’s house rules with respect to the use of kitchen, including using the kitchen when it is also convenient for the Host.
You will be allowed full use of the kitchen utilities, however please note that some hosts may have separate dishes, pots and pans and cutlery for guests to use.
You must clean the kitchen after use and make sure all dishes are washed and put away.
The Host will also have their own house rules to do with whether you can eat in your room. Please clarify this with them. It is not uncommon for Hosts to ask students not to eat in their room.
• Bed & Breakfast
If you are on a Bed and Breakfast meal plan, the Host will provide you with a continental breakfast (Cereal, Toast, Jam, Tea/Coffee, and Juice) which you can help yourself to in the mornings; the Host is not expected to serve you. Hosts are also not expected to provide a cooked “English” or ”fried” breakfast.
You will also have “light” access to the kitchen, which means that you can use the microwave, toaster and kettle, but not the oven or the cooker. You may also be given some storage space in the kitchen, but this is not usually a requirement.
The Bed and Continental Breakfast option is most suitable for students who think that they will be eating most of their meals outside of the home.
• Half Board
If you are on Half Board please tell your Host Family at the beginning of your stay of any particular dietary requirements whether to do with allergies, religious beleifs or for any other reason.
You will be expected to be punctual at mealtimes. You need to ensure that you let the Host Family know as soon as possible if you are going to be late or miss a meal. If late, the Host Family may leave your meal for you in the fridge or oven for you to reheat later.
Your Host Family will try and be flexible with meal times, however please remember that you are living in a family home and not a hotel. There will be clear rules that are set out not just for you but for the entire family so that everyone can live together in harmony. Your Host Family will treat you as one of the family so you can expect the rules to apply equally to their own children (wherever applicable).
Please also remember that if you are on Half Board, you will not be allowed access to the kitchen to make meals. Of course, you will be allowed to have access to make yourself a drink or a light snack. Our hosts will always want you to feel relaxed in their homes.
• Full Board
For the Full Board option you will be provided with a continental breakfast, a packed lunch to take with you every day and a cooked evening meal. As mentioned above please tell your Host Family at the beginning of your stay of any particular dietary requirements whether to do with allergies, religious needs or for any other reason. You will be allowed to access the kitchen to make yourself a drink or a light snack.
hosts will discuss the House Rules with the guest at the beginning of homestay to avoid misunderstandings. Areas that might be included in the House Rules are:
• Policy for internet usage
• Times for using the bath/shower
• Keeping the bathroom tidy and clear of toiletries
• Where, if at all, smoking is permitted
• Whether visitors are welcome and until what time
• Guests of the opposite sex
• Times for breakfast and, if applicable, evening meals
• What to do when a student expects to be home late
• Rules on overnight guests
• Number of wash loads allowed per week
• Noise levels at particular times of the day
• Clear guidelines on where food will be stored
• Reminder to return house keys before departure
Please remember that any House Rules are designed to help you integrate into the family home and they will be rules that are for the whole household. You must respect and follow the House Rules and consult with the host if unsure about anything.
EXTENSION OF STAY
If guests wish to extend their stay beyond the booked leaving date, they should contact Host Family Stay to request an extension by emailing [email protected]. Extensions are subject to availability. If an extension is not possible, we will endeavor to find you a similar alternative.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR BOOKINGS
Any cancellations are subject to the following terms:
1. If you cancel your booking 45 days or more prior to the booked arrival date, we will refund your fees in full.
2. If you cancel your booking less than 45 days before the booked arrival date we will refund your fees, minus one week’s accommodation fee.
3. If you cancel your booking 3 days or less before the booked arrival date or if you have a “no show” (fail to advise us that you will not be arriving) we will refund your fees, less 25% cancellation fee. There will be no refund for booked stays of 3 weeks or less.
4. For any cancellation, booking fee is not refundable. Airport collection charges can be refunded in full, however no refunds can be provided for oyster card reservations, city tour packages, theater and travel tickets that may have been reserved for the guest(s) in advance.
5. In case of an early departure:
a. you will receive the funds for the unused period minus 30%. Min 7 day notice is required. No refund is provided if less than 14 days remain till the move out date.
b. any long-stay discounts applied at the time of booking will be reversed
6. Cancellation of a long stay (5 months or more) will incur a fee of £195 in addition to other cancellation terms
7. £40 season charge will be deducted if cancellation is processed in summer months - June, July or August.
Cancellation requests must be received during our office hours, from 9.00 to 17.00 (London time) Monday - Friday. Requests received on Saturday, Sunday and on bank holidays (including the days between Christmas and New Year) will be dealt with on the next business day.
Refunds are made through the same means by which they are received (this is in line with UK money laundering laws). Fees paid by bank transfer from overseas will be refunded by bank transfer to the bank account in the country from which they were received. Credit card payments will be refunded to the card from which payment was taken and only cash payments can be refunded in cash. We will refund fees only and cannot refund bank charges or the surcharge added to credit card payments. Any bank charges levied by the UK and/or foreign bank when refunding fees will be deducted from the refund by the banks in question and not paid for by Host Family Stay.
In the unlikely event of a complaint, if you are unhappy in the accommodation provided, students must communicate with us immediately. We aim to act on feedback immediately avoiding any delays and maximizing the quality of the students stay in London. We will offer a suitable solution, movement or alternative accommodation at the earliest possible availability. We will not be responsible in any way, for any alternative arrangements made in accommodation not provided by us, if you choose not to stay in our accommodation for any reason.
If you have to cut your stay short, accommodation/home tuition charges, once paid for are not refundable. In the case of your accommodation/home tuition being unsuitable, we will make every effort to supply you with a suitable alternative.
• Our liability is limited by the money we have received from you.
• Host Family Stay only acts as an agent between guests and host families. Under no circumstances can Host Family Stay be held responsible for any injury, damage loss, misadventure, loss of property, accident which may happen during your stay in the host family accommodation, or as a result of activities you take part in during your stay, or whilst travelling to and from host family accommodation.
Guests are advised to take out their own insurance policies on their personal property, i.e. laptops, jewellery and other expensive items; as these may not be covered under the host families’ insurance policies.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, as do we.
• Your deposit will be paid to your account within 7 business days from the end of your homestay, provided there are no damage claims from the hosts and no other outstanding fees or charges.
• All damages and breakages caused by the guest must be paid for by the guest directly.
• Guests must not pay the host family directly, whether in cash or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, any such payment will mean the violation of the terms and conditions set out for the host family and may lead to legal action against the guest in accordance with UK laws. Guests also cannot pass the contact details of host family to other people without prior written permission of Host Family Stay.
• Guests are staying with the host family on a host family/guest basis and do not have a tenancy. We therefore ask guests not to open bank accounts, apply for credit/credit cards or register their national insurance to the Host family’s address. Guests staying on a longer stay basis (6 months or longer) may register for a bank account or national issuance number if given written permission by their host.
• In the event of an emergency, we reserve the right to cancel or change accommodation without prior notice. We also reserve the right to change the allocated host family before or during the course of homestay if this becomes necessary.
• Guests cannot give out details of the hosts’ address or contact details without seeking permission from the host and Host Family Stay.
• Guests must comply with the policies within the host family accommodation and must follow the host's house rules at all times. Reasonable behaviour is expected at all times during your stay in the host family accommodation. We reserve the right to remove any guest whose conduct is unsatisfactory. Refunds or alternate accommodation/home tuition will be offered strictly at the discretion of Host Family Stay.
• The booking is only valid for the person/persons named in the confirmation document. Bookings are not transferable and guests should not invite other people into the host family’s accommodation without first being given permission in writing by the host family.
• Guests should not smoke or bring alcohol into the host’s accommodation without first receiving their permission.
• Bedding will be provided by the host and changed every 2 weeks and extra warm blankets must be supplied for the winter time. Guests should bring and use their own towels and toiletries for the duration of the homestay.